Email Marketing Challenges In 2020
- Reaching out to prospects directly.
- It’s the cheapest method.
- Good Emails achieve high response rates.
- Opt-in email marketing makes it easier to plan, evaluate and track campaigns.
- Helps in Image building.
- Your Mail Account may get marked as Spam.
- There is no guarantee that all the mails will reach to the prospects.
- Usage of Images, HTML contents and too many links can place your mails in the promotions folder.
- People Hate Emails with a Marketing Pitch to it, open rates are very low if the subject line or the content is not catchy.
Now let’s have a Look at the Email Marketing Challenges In 2020 -:
- Usage of HTML Templates/ Links – Too much graphic content such as images or gifs can land your emails in the Promotions folder, using HTML Templates is automatically identified as a promotion material by Google Smart filters.
- Lack of testing – Many of you do not test your emails before sending them to your prospects, it can jeopardize an entire email campaign, as many email may land in the spam folder or promotions folder without you even knowing, if your using an HTML Content then chances are, some of the files may not show up due to server side issues when it ultimately reaches to your prospects.
- Getting Blacklisted – Sending Bulk Emails can get your email ID blacklisted, sending your emails straight to the Spam Inbox. Even if you are sending relevant emails then chances are Sooner or later this will eventually happen to you too.
- Campaign Strategy – Emails need to be tracked, it needs to have a proper strategy to get leads and Customers, it needs lead nurturing tactics in it, it needs a proper A/B testing technique to get things right.
- Content – In the end it all comes down to one thing, how good is the content of the Email? If the body of the email is not engaging, does not educate the prospect and do not have a CTA its natural for an Email Marketing to fail.